This is a repeating eventjune 10, 2018 12:30 pm
(Sunday) 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
We are very happy to be co-hosting this 9-week series with Westchester Buddhist Center and Eileen Fisher Headquarters. The series will take place: June 3rd - August 12th
We are very happy to be co-hosting this 9-week series with Westchester Buddhist Center and Eileen Fisher Headquarters.
The series will take place:
June 3rd – August 12th (Omitting Fathers’ Day and WBC Mid-Summer’s Day June 24th)
At Eileen Fisher Headquarters through July 29th, then at The Aligned Center August 5th & 12th
Suggested donation: $108*
In his excellent book, Our Pristine Mind, Khenpo Orgyen Chowang presents the core Dzogchen (Great Perfection) Buddhist teachings in highly accessible Western idiom, making them understandable and accessible to the beginning as well as the advanced practitioner.
The course will offer participants an excellent understanding of the nature of confusion and sanity. It will also provide an understanding of the two basic approaches to meditation and how to employ them, the opportunities one enjoys on the path as well asthe challenges all of us face and why.
We will work through Khenpo Chowang’s book, supplementing it with readings by other Tibetan masters, such as Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, and more.
Topics that will be covered:
- The real, fundamental nature of mind;
- Its division into “pristine” and “ordinary” mind, how to understand these two, and what distinguishes one from the other;
- The meditation practices and their benefits, ranging from simple calming and stress reduction, to full enlightenment, seeing and understanding the world as it truly is, stripped of confusion, bias and preconception;
- The essential roles of kindness, compassion, love, and lack of bias on the path; and
- The ability to live an ultimately happy, fulfilling life and experience a good death.
Because of the holidays our time with this course is more limited than we would like. Please purchase the book and come to the first class on May 20th having done the first reading, which is pages xi-xvi and 1-14 from Our Pristine Mind by Khenpo Chowang.
Suggested Donation: $108*
* WBC maintains a policy of making our programs affordable to all. Those with limited income please offer what you can afford on their donation page here and include a note for the program you are offering towards. Thank you!
For questions about the course, contact John Baker (917) 579-9239.
Aligned Living Quadrant
Cultivating our personal internal worlds